Friday, August 24, 2007

Maryland 16 - 23, All done

I completed my learning adventure of the Maryland 23 things. Rick Anderson brought up some really valid points in the his article "Away from the Icebergs." From the Bull Run Library Wiki, I learned that wiki's can look different and I was able to find the number one song for the month that I was born "I Heard it Through the Grapevine."

I figured that I would keep going through the rest of the exercises so I added my link to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox and had fun designing with a template on the Zoho Writer site. Squidoo is an interesting site that allows you to make your own web page but get paid at the same time. This one web page on children's birthday cakes was very detailed. You could tell the person really researched a lot on the Internet to gather different designs for anyone to use. You Tube I've used before but this was the first time I learned to embed one of their video files into my blog. It features one of my favorite shows "The Office."

My favorite search tool for podcasts would be Podcast Alley. I've used this one search tool before. It was really helpful for me so that I could find some sites on running tips.

I downloaded some books from Overdrive. What I found was that I kept picking titles that were not available. In the past, I've used Audible.com because mainly my books could be downloaded to my iPod.

I'm really glad that I had a chance to participate in the Maryland 23 things. The main thing that I was learned was that there is so much still to learn out there.

No comments: